WakaWaka solar charger as the name suggests was an initiative taken during the South African world cup in the year of 2010 to provide a solar based charger to help the poor households stay off-grid.
The wakwaka solar charger was crowd-funded through kickstarter.com for a period of 30 days from – . By the end of the project fund-sourcing, the goal of $ 50,000 was reached 8 times! due to the involvement by the backers.
The WWP70 3CYB model Charging Unit is a super efficient solar gear. Independent research by the company shows that the lamp has twice the efficiency of any normal lamp with 22% efficiency.
RATING: 4.3 / 5
PRICE: $ 64.99
Product dimension : Measures 4.8″x 4″ x 0.8″
Product weight : 7 ounces
- Pocket-sized smartphone charger with efficient solar panel and LED light
- Charges most smartphones and tablets via USB, solar or AC
- Choose from 5 different light modes, including SOS beacon
- Durable, water-resistant construction
- Claims to charge a smartphone fully depleted to fully charged in under 2 hours, plus gives 10 hours of bright light.
- Comes with five different light modes, including an SOS beacon.
- Lightweight at only 7 ounces.
- A durable product, comes with water-resistant construction.
- Excellent solar harnessing efficiency.
- The device comes with a USB to micro USB cable. A cable to charge your phone (if it uses different cable) needs to be bought separately.