Ramsond panels are high grade photovoltaics, which are well made and can withstand a wide weather conditions. But do you think this P.V. is overpriced? Read the review to the end to find out.
RATING : 4.5 / 5
PRICE : $ 237.99
Ramsond 100W Monocrystalline Photovoltaic solar panel consist of high purity monocrystalline silicon cells.
With Grade A solar cells, the panel is rated for 100 Watt power, nominal output voltage of 12V and an efficiency of 17%. With an open circuit voltage of 22.7V and short circuit current of 5.55A, it has a peak voltage and peak current of 18.5V and 5.41A respectively.
The solar cells have been coated with a blue nitride anti-reflection coating. The blue colour is uniform and aesthetic, and functional in allowing maximum sunlight capture in all weather conditions.
Ramsond solar cells have been encapsulated in true atmospheric vacuum using lamination layers of High Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (High-EVA) and DuPontTM Tedlar®.
The cover glass of the panel has low iron content and it is patterned and tempered. Manufactured using a patented technology, the glass is strong and has a hail impact survival index rating of 25mm @80 km/h which implies that it can withstand hail size of 1+ inch traveling at speeds of about 50 miles per hour.
Ramsond solar panels are housed in heavy duty anodized aluminum frame produced by extrusion technique. They have drainage and mounting holes. The frame is designed with good balance of style and function.
- The sturdiness of the panel, the weather-proof encapsulation of the cells and the toughened glass cover provide good panel for solar energy conversion.
- It produces power even during cloudy climate under diffuse sunlight.
- It has 25 year warranty.
- Panels stock mounting holes could facilitate convenient mounting of the panels.
- Uniformity of the anti-reflection coating should be high. If it is varying, then not only the aesthetics of the solar panel gets affected, but also its performance. In such case, the cells inside are exposed to varying amount of incident solar radiation which might heat the cells, increase the temperature and affect the efficiency.
- It requires MC4 connectors.
- The aluminum frame may experience corrosion in marine and saline conditions.
The solar panel is well built but is pricey for a 100w photovoltaic panel. Renogy 100w solar panel comes at a price of around $170 which has specs almost same as this Ramsond panel. I would recommend considering Renogy before buying this panel.