Poweradd apollo pro is the top end solar charger of the apollo series of Poweradd solar chargers. The charger has a huge battery capacity which is capable enough to charge notebooks and tablets. The lower versions of Poweradd Apollo are Apollo 7200 mAh version and Apollo 10,000mAh.
PRICE : $ 109.99
RATING : 3.6 /5
UPDATE: The Product used to be have a rating of 4.2 / 5 on Amazon when I first reviewed it in the month of January 2014. Since then the product quality has gone down. We don’t recommend this product anymore.
In the box
Poweradd solar charger (1 No), Mobile phone connectors (3 Nos.), Note book connector (10 Nos.), Micro USB cable (1No.), AC Adapter (1No.), User manual (1 No.).
10 Notebook connectors tips for(in mm):
A – 6.00*4.25 – Sony VAIO
B – 6.25*3.00 – Toshiba Satellite A105, M35
C – 5.50*2.10 – Toshiba T1950, T4700 / Acer Aspire 1200
D – 4.75*1.70 – ASUS Eee 900, 1000
E – 5.50*1.70 – Acer Aspire One AO722 AO725
H – 5.00*3.25 – Samsung N130, N310
G: 4.0*1.70 – HP Mini 1000/ 1100 Series
I – Dell 3Pin – Any Dell Laptop use a 3 Pin adapter
J – 7.40*5.00 – Dell inspiron 1525, E1505 / HP Pavilion DV6, 550, G60, Compaq CQ 60 and more other Dell or HP models
K – 7.90*5.40 – ThinkPad T60, X60, R60
Battery: Lithium polymer battery cells with solar panel.
Solar Charger: 15V / 150mA Input: 15-20 V, 1.2A
Capacity : 23000mAh/ 85Wh
Dual-port Output: USB: 5V / 2.1A and DC: 12V/16V/19V 3A
Size: 8.85x 4.92 x 0.86 inches;
Weight: 1.44 lbs
With black color and a contrasting orange button and orange circumferential strip, the charger is eye-catchy. It has LED charge indicators, a power switch in the front side of the charger.
The contrast of the Black color with orange color lacing gives an attractive look for the charger. The USB ports are provided in the front side of charger.
It comes with 1 DC output for laptop, 1 USB port for 5V USB output charged device. Simultaneous charging using DC and USB port is possible. It has 3 adjustable voltage levels (12V/16V/19V). It has 4 LED indicators to reveal the power available. The charger will shut down automatically after 30 seconds if no device is connected.
The Solar charger has a built-in Lithium Polymer battery that has a very high (23000mAh) charge capacity. The charger battery will take 38 hours to completely charge, which comes to around one and a half day of continuous exposure to sunlight.
How do I charge a laptop?
The battery will be able to charge a laptop. To make it work with laptop, all you got to do is-
- Find out the suitable laptop connector tip from the provided heap of connectors the charger comes with(your notebook should use one of the provided 10 Notebook connectors tips).
- Find the output voltage of your laptop adapter(You can find OUTPUT: ‘xV’ at the back) change the voltage level slider on the side of the charger to the ‘x’ specified.
- Connect the connector tip to the open ended pin of a USB cable(provided), connect the USB to the charger and the other end with the tip to your laptop.
My HP laptop let me see… yeah it has a 19V output voltage written on it’s adapter, hence the HP connector tip and the 19V option of the charger, will do the job.
Has a 12 month product guarantee, professional technical support, customer service throughout the year.
- High capacity of 23000mAh, which means larger battery.
- Various connectors to power majority of laptops and cell phones. Alternative options of DC and USB charging of laptops.
- Three voltage levels (12V/16V/19V) of charging to suit different laptop needs.
- 4 LED indicators for power storage status. Automatic shut down capability after 30 seconds if no gadget draws power.
- 12 months guarantee and professional technical support.
- Poor quality control, the product is not dependable.
- Due to high power, the charging time is long and could get longer in cloudy days.
- Apple adapters are not included.
- Doesn’t come with a carry case.