Instapark Mercury 10M portable solar charger, a feature packed power house is one of the best solar chargers costing under $100. The charger can power iPad, iPhone and all other USB compatible devices. The charger is useful for off-grid, USB based charging.
RATING : 4.6 / 5
PRICE : $ 74.70
In the Box
The packaging box contains solar charging kit, a battery pack of 5200 mAh and a USB charging cable.
Dimensions: The charger weighs about 1lb. In the folded form it measures, 9” x 6” x 2”, but in unfolded form it measures 9” x 22” x ½ ”.
Optimum temperature: It can operate in the temperature range of 32 – 86*F.
Output: It has a maximum current output of 2 A and voltage of 5V.
The three mono crystalline solar panels are connected together with a foldable support structure that helps in folding it into one portable package.
The dimension of the folded panel is small and hence it is comfortable to carry and also to put it up to face sunlight in high rise buildings where open to sky space may be limited.
Storage type support structure helps in maintaining the cells in dust-free form which is favourable for its constant and undiminished performance over time.
It has built-in double charging ports for powering iPhone, iPad and other USB compatible mobile devices. The charging is as good as a wall socket while charging smartphone devices.
Takes approximately 4-5 hours to charge an iPad, but does not completely charge it. Takes 1-2 hour to completely charge an iPhone. The charger ranks as the best iPhone solar charger for it’s very quick charging ability.
It is supplied with a 5200 mAh battery pack for storing solar power during high sunshine hours to deliver for cloudy and night periods.
The Mercury 10M charger has a warranty period of 1 year.
- Small, compact and lightweight.
- Very quick charging of devices under direct sunlight.
- The battery pack has a good charge capacity of 5200 mAh.
- Can power two USB devices at a time.
- Can charge the in-built battery even in cloudy days.
- Cannot charge devices directly like Suntactics scharger-5, needs you to charge the battery first and then use the battery to charge the devices.
- Restricted to USB devices, information on compatibility with devices other than iPhone,iPad is not provided.