The goal zero guide 10 plus solar kit could charge USB connected devices under varying sunlight intensities. This recharging kit can power the smart phone, MP3 player, GPS, tablet, camera and portable gaming device with ease.
RATING : 4.4 / 5
PRICE: $ 111.06
Contents of the kit
Guide 10 Battery Pack, Nomad 7W Solar Panel, USB cable, AA rechargeable batteries (4 pack), AAA insert, manual and warranty.
• Cotton Kit includes Nomad 7 solar panel and Guide 10 Plus power pack
• Can directly charge a smartphone in 1 hour
• Removable AA/AAA batteries can be charged up from Sun or USB.
• Built-in LED light runs for 150+ hours per charge
• Efficient mono crystalline solar panel
• Dimensions: 6.5 x 9.5 x 1.8 inches; 1.2 pounds
Solar panel with 7 watts of charging power can charge the rechargeable battery pack in about 3-4 hours. The mono-crystalline solar panel is very efficient and the USB input allows the use of the solar panel to plug the device directly in, to recharge.
The Guide 10 Plus can be efficiently used with smaller USB power devices and all devices using AA/AAA batteries. A fully charged Guide 10 Plus will be able to recharge an average MP3 player thrice or a smartphone twice and can extend the battery life of a tablet or e-reader by up to 50%.
The Guide 10 Plus can be recharged in two ways. Firstly any USB power source such as laptop can be used which will take about 6 hours to fully charge. Secondly it can be plugged into a solar panel and placed in the sun, which will power up to full charge in about 2 hours.
Size and flexibility
It can be folded up to the size of a novel. It can be opened up and charged from dashboard or backpack.
A bright built-in LED light is available on the top of the battery pack. The light will last for over 150 hours before needing a recharge.
- It’s a mono-crystalline solar panel with 7 watts of charging power. It can charge AA/AAA batteries which can then be used to power small USB portable devices such as smartphones, MP3 players, tablets, GPS etc.
- Guide 10 plus can be charged by solar or using USB input from laptop which would take about 6 hours to fully charge.
- It is small and folds into small size. For solar power harnessing, it can be spread out on dash-board or backpack.
- Has a built-in bright LED light which lasts for about 150 hours.
- 4 AA batteries are supplied.
- The kit is heavy.