The Goal Zero Guide 10 Adventure Kit is one of the most popular portable solar charger. It is an ultra-lightweight USB and solar charger that can be folded like a book to fit into your backpack. The adventure kit can power the smartphone, tablets and readers.
RATING : 4.3 / 5
PRICE : $ 117.28
In the box
- Nomad 7 solar charging panel.
- The Guide 10 battery charging system.
- Ultra Charge Solar Cord.
- 12V cigarette adapter.
- AA rechargeable batteries (4 pack).
- AAA insert.
- Manual and the warranty.
The Whole kit consists of two main parts:
- The solar panel pack (Nomad 7 Solar Panel).
- The battery (Guide 10 Battery).
Dimensions of Guide 10 Battery Plus Pack Only: 2.5″ x 4″ x 0.75″ (6 x 10 x 2cm)
- Dimensions of Guide 10 Battery Pack and Nomad 7 Solar Panel: 6.5″ x 9.5″ x 1.8″ (16.51 x 25.4 x 5.08 cm)
- Total Weight: 1.7 lbs (0.77kg)
The kit is convenient and stylish which looks nothing more than a book. The kit straps together with the help of a velcro. The back side of the kit is the zipper netted pocket which supports the converter block and the wiring to the devices.
The netted back can hold the charging devices hence protecting them from direct sunlight. The two inside faces of the kit has the two monocrystalline panels. The guide 10 battery plus pack can be stored inside the zipper.
The solar panel are high efficiency monocrystalline panel which consumes a power of 7 W and will be able charge the battery pack in about 3-4 hours.
The batteries connected to the panel can get charged in a varying amount of time depending on the exposure to the sunlight. When the panels are exposed to direct sunlight(say you’re in a beach) the battery can get completely charged in 2-4 hours. The battery may take 6-8 hours when not in a bright sunlight.
The mini USB port has an input voltage: 5 V and output power: 3.5 W.
The Solar power has an input voltage: 6.5 V and output power: 7 W.
The adventure kit comes with 4 rechargeable AA batteries. The batteries have a capacity of 2300 mAh, wattage of 10 Wh, NiMH and a shelf life of 12 months . The charged batteries can be used to power the USB devices through the solar panel or can be removed to power a lamp or any other device which supports AA or AAA batteries. A completely charged battery can increase a charge of smartphone by 20%(quite low, I have a solution for it in the verdict below).
The status LED indicates the amount of charge present.
- It blinks red when the batteries are 0-50% charged.
- It blinks green slowly when the charge 50-80% and faster blinking of green when it’s 80-100% charged.
- When the power Output is enabled, LED stays green when power is available.
- It stays orange when the battery is low.
- It stays red when no power is available.
The flashlight LED has a power of 100 mW. The LED can stand over 150 hours on a single complete charge. The flashlight should be able to stand for maximum of two week of night camping before it runs out of charge. Very useful in searching for the items in the bag during the night.
- Ultimate rugged solar portable charger.
- Can charge multiple devices at a time.
- Has efficient monocrystalline panels.
- Compact design which can strapped on the bag, excellent for adventurers, travelers.
- Can charge in passive light.
- The guide 10+ batteries could be much more efficient.